ENCON Group Inc. is one of Canada's leading insurance management companies which develops and administers insurance programs and distributes them through a network of licensed agents and brokers to individuals, professionals, organizations and employers.
At ENCON, we believe our people are our most important asset. We offer a dynamic and challenging work environment, training and development opportunities, a competitive total rewards package and believe in work/life balance.
We are currently recruiting for a Bilingual Claims Analyst in our Directors and Officers Department to work with adjusters, technical experts and legal counsel to develop and coordinate defense strategies to bring insurance claims to a prompt and final resolution.
• Appoint, direct and work with external legal counsel across Canada and the United States to develop and coordinate defense litigation strategies for the prompt and final resolution of claims
• Review and assess new claims to determine coverage under the applicable insurance contract and take appropriate action
• Determine and report the liability and damages exposure of the insured in respect of a claim
• Coordinate and manage claim files including liaison with insureds, brokers, external counsel and internal clients
• Report to insurance company representatives
• Some travel may be required
• Obtained a LL.BJ.D. or LL.L and have chosen to pursue a career outside the traditional practice of law
• A member in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada or another provincial equivalent and have chosen to pursue a career outside the traditional practice of law
• Fluently bilingual in both official languages is mandatory
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience in liability insurance and/or corporate/commercial litigation is an asset
• Corporate and securities law knowledge is an asset
• Effective problem solving and proven analytical skills, organizational and decision making ability in order to develop/implement effective solutions
• High level interpersonal skills required to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
• Service oriented professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed
If you are interested in joining a winning organization and our team of dynamic professionals, please forward your resume today in confidence to email@example.com.