Specializing in delivering tailored IT recruitment solutions to specific business areas, Randstad Technologies provides short-term contractors with specific skills or permanent staff to bring a refreshed focus to IT divisions. Our teams are experts in their local labor markets. They are skilled at marrying talent and business - matching talented IT professionals with the culture and business goals of Canada’s leading IT organizations.
Randstad Technologies covers virtually all IT roles, levels and platforms, including:
Intermediate Web Project Manager (PM1) 280407)
Our client, a Federal Government Department, has a requirement for one Intermediate Web Project Manager (PM1 for a long term contract opportunity in Ottawa. The contract will initially be for 5 months, till March 31st 2015, with 2 additional 1 year option periods bringing the total contract till March 31st, 2017!
The work will be related to the Web Renewal initiative led by the PCO and TBS. The successful candidate will liaise with project and operational stakeholders, and to plan and coordinate web renewal activities within our client's organization. The PM will plan, monitor and execute the implementation of client web renewal goals and objectives.
The consultant will:
1. Develop a project plan including a work breakdown structure, project charter, risk register, change control index, and reporting mechanism for submission to senior management throughout the project duration.
2. Provide guidance and direction to technical teams and to publishing stakeholders.
3. Manage the documentation, validation and planning of business and technical requirements required for migration. These requirements include;
a. Upgrade to WET4.0
b. Implementation and training for the TBS procured managed web services (MWS)
c. Information architecture and validation
d. Revisions to existing, or developing new processes
e. User experience (UX) verification and testing
f. Removal of Redundant, Outdated and Trivial (ROT) content
g. Content migration, and archiving
h. Performance measurement
i. Decommissioning of the client URLS and Web platforms
4. Develop and manage the communications strategy, and planning to internal and external project stakeholders.
5. Conduct a post-mortem analysis, including documented project risks and mitigation strategies, lessons learned, project successes and failures, on-going maintenance schedules (if needed) and a high level project summary.
Candidates must have the following to be considered:
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or
related field or business related field from a recognized academic institution; And a minimum of eight (8) years professional work experience as a Project Manager managing matrixed multidisciplinary Information Technology (IT) teams of at least five (5) members
- Candidates need to have Federal Government Security Clearance at the Reliability level.
- Candidates must also have very strong communication skills both written and spoken.
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Minimum 5 years experience liaising with multiple (more than 3) operational groups/teams within a project.
- Minimum 5 years experience identifying, and assessing project risk factors, and developing contingency alternatives to mitigate risk
- Experience in budgeting project finances and resource allocation
Candidates will also be evaluated on the preferred qualifications including:
- Experience delivering project updates and critical risk factors to senior management and project stakeholders
- Minimum 5 years experience developing communication strategies and plans.
- Bilingualism (French English)
Candidate applications must be received by Friday October 31st to be considered. In-person interviews will take place in early November with a start date soon after.
Please send your resume, in confidence, to Randstad Technologies at www.randstadtechnologies.ca via job number 280407.
Degree / Diploma (Must Have)
Enhanced Security Clearance (Must Have)
Project Coordination (Must Have)
Project Management (Must Have)
PMP / PMI Certified (Must Have)
Click here to apply
About Randstad Canada
Randstad Canada is the Canadian leader for staffing, recruitment and HR Services. As the only fully integrated staffing company in the country, we understand the recruitment needs and demands of employers and job seekers across all levels and industries. Through our insightful knowledge of local markets, employment trends and global network of recruitment experts, we are shaping the Canadian world of work.
As a key player in the recruitment and staffing market, Randstad Canada provides unrivalled expertise in matching Canada’s top talent with the most sought after Canadian employers. Through our network of over 85 branches across 7 provinces, we offer fully bilingual solutions and operational excellence by meeting the unique needs of our clients and candidates across the country. We have helped employers fill more than 40,000 positions in diverse industries.
Randstad around the world
Randstad is the second largest HR services provider in the world, generating annual revenues of more than $27 billion. Randstad services more than 45 countries, with 28,000 corporate employees working from 4,300 branches, and employs over 450,000 people every day.
Industry: Recruitment and Staffing
Job Function: Technology and Digital Media