As one of only two national grocery retailers in Canada, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in 10 provinces with retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Price Chopper, Thrifty Foods and Lawtons Drugs, as well as more than 330 retail fuel locations. Our five core retail food formats are designed to ensure that we have the right offering in the right-sized stores for each individual market we serve ? from our full service format to the convenience format, each tailored to satisfy the unique occasion-based food shopping needs of our customers.
Our 124,000 employees and franchise affiliates are committed to building sustainable worth for each of our customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders through our focus on food, innovation and superior customer service.
Join the movement to help Canadians eat better, feel better and do better!
We have an opening for a Store Manager for our new Metcalfe Sobeys store located in downtown Ottawa. Under the direction of the Director of Operations, you will manage all facets of the store and ensure operational excellence in retail merchandising, inventory management, and customer relations. You will lead a group of dedicated employees with direct accountability for setting the vision for the store.
The Store Manager will strive to show leadership in the communities where we operate. As the ideal candidate, you have excellent communication skills and strong knowledge of financial management. Your commitment to providing top notch customer service will ensure success in this role.
Our ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• Proven experience as a retail store manager inclusive of the leadership skills required to develop and engage staff
• Passion for working in a fast paced customer centric organization
• Progressive retail experience and a track record of developing and initiating creative merchandising techniques to meet the needs of local customers
• Strong team building skills inclusive of proven ability to resolve conflict using a flexible, diplomatic and objective approach
• Strong financial acumen and ability to achieve financial objectives at a store level
• Good working knowledge of retail systems Solid understanding of Health and Safety Legislation, Policies and procedures
• Previous experience in Fresh Department operations is a strong asset A passion for food is always welcome!
Whether you are connecting with customers or coming up with innovative ways to do business better, working with us is always rewarding. We are not only a place to shop and work, but also a place to GROW!
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge. We will be contacting only those who will be selected to interview.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.